Skip to main content

Florals, bow ties and boardrooms

You must have watched some movies and series not because you like the plot or acting alone but you
just drooled over their wardrobe. The powerful drama about female lawyers, 'The Good Fight'  is a spinoff of  'The Good Wife'. The wardrobe of the star cast takes power dressing to a new level.
I cannot get enough of  Lucca's  "Short skirts' and bold " bow tie dresses" . Diane's sharp bob to those out of this world " statement necklaces". Maia's simple yet sharp detailed outfits has kept me hooked no offense to the story writer though 👀

I have posted some of the few outfits I loved  from the series so far and it was really  hard for me to pick and choose. For all the ordinary women like me who are not a star attorney at a
top law firm in the US -  we can still wear a few inspired look without digging deep into our pockets :)


The first look is the 'bow tie blouse'



The full sleeves floral blouse with bow tie is a winner. Wear it with  a pair of dark solid colored tailored cigarette pants or a pencil skirt and you will look a million dollars. You can also select monochrome shirts with bow tie.
They all look gorgeous.



Portmans has a quiet good collection of the bow tie blouses.




Trouser Trick

One of my favorite quotes - I like being a woman, even in a man’s world. After all, men can’t wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.








I head to Uniqlo for my perfect pair, I am just 159 cms tall and these pants just fits me so well.

Uniqlo Pants


The Classic Dress

The stretch dresses are classic and can never go wrong.You guys can check out oxford I head there time to time for classic work wear pieces.








Hope you guys enjoyed reading this and found the information useful.

Remember "Never underestimate the power of a good outfit on a bad day"!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Panic, Organise!

Do you have piles of tees, pants and bottoms stacked up and at the end of the day you always need to get the one in the middle? No matter how many times you color coordinate, it is an epic fail! Every time it turns out to be a game of dominoes which ends up in a cluttered wardrobe where finding something is no less than a treasure hunt. I used to be so mad at myself browsing through all these Instagram accounts of fashion bloggers,  how well they have their shoes and clothing pieces arranged on perfect display. Finally,  I came up with this idea of having a small corner  of a room converted into this organized area dedicated for my daily dressing . If your bedroom is spacious, you could utilize this space as an extended part of your wardrobe which functions almost like a walk in closet. Get a simple cloth hanger  You can buy one from Ikea at a price as low as 20$. All the items are bought from Ikea and costs less then 300$. I have selected all white as t...

Blaze up the sidewalk with a Blazer !!!

Blazer with denims is the most classic style you can get away with it whether its a workday,casual fridays and even weekends which I did. This is one of my favorite blazer I have ever bought. This one is from last season and have received tons of compliments so far. This high rise denim from Dotti is an absolute winner. Bought it in 2 colors when they were on 2 for $50 offer . You can still buy them at a reduced price of $30 - totally worth it. Dotti The Elle Denims The Blazer is from Target and is under $50 Target Blazer I am  wearing a Basic V necked Tee basic-v-neck-t-shirt You can also wear a full sleeves version of  this Tee It is available for $20 at Nordstorm Full sleeves stripes The Boyfriend belt is under $10 Bohoo Boyfriend Belt Hope you enjoyed reading this. I am travelling next week to Japan 💃  and will be away for 10 days. Hope to squeeze in a few posts before I leave.

I am a woman, I want to look GORGEOUS, I don't have TIME

Like millions of women out there I constantly was suffering from the "I have nothing to wear" syndrome. The suffering was real and I kept on buying but the morning ritual of not finding anything to wear never ended.  D ĂŠjĂ    vu   right?? Like everything else in life - studies, work, health and relationships, looking stylish and sharp everyday morning takes a little more than just brushing your hair and dabbing some lipgloss. Not long back I would stare at few girls in the bus with perfect contour and winged eyeliners assuming  they must be getting up at 5 AM to look that good. Before you guys think that there is some exotic wand in this world which you just move on your wardrobe and makeup kit to look good I would stop you right there! ☺ Join me on this journey where me a 32 year old working woman living  in a tiny apartment has taken up the challenge with a brave heart and meager means to overcome "life" as it comes in my way of looking good 👀 Follow ...